Unless you’ve been under a rock, I’m sure you’ve noticed the ever growing floral crown trend, on both girls and women alike. Originating in the times of Ancient Greece, we recently saw this boho chic accessory on the spring 2014 runways of designers like Dolce & Gabbana.
Not a fan of artificial flowers and real ones lack longevity? Well, I’ve got the perfect solution for you — floral trim from Mood Fabrics. It can be just the thing you need to do the trick. (Want to see another version, click here).
SUPPLIES: scissors, glue, elastic, needle and thread, and floral trim
1. Measure your head for the length of elastic and trim you’ll need.
2. Go ahead and cut them.
3. The trim I bought was a little longer than needed, so I carefully cut the design close to the flower.
4. Lay out your trim and glue your elastic to the back (approximately in the middle).
5. Place the glue on one side of the trim and fold in half. Let it dry for a couple hours.
6. Lastly, use your needle and thread to stitch the crown closed. You’re all done.
Brandhyze Stanley is the chief voice of the award winning blog, Frugal-nomics.com; a platform designed to share with women how to live and look fabulous on a dime. A DIY girl at heart—Brandhyze has been featured on The View, The Early Show, The Today Show, InStyle Magazine, Essence Magazine, and MTVStyle. A Wilhelmina Model for over a decade, with a Business Degree from Loyola University Chicago, Brandhyze provides DIY content to the popular How-To Site, eHow; and has been a contributor for the Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Super Money, Good Housekeeping, and Newsday Westchester, to name a few. Brandhyze is a huge thrifter and a lover of all good deals, follow her on Twitter @MyFrugalnomics and on Facebook at Facebook.com/Frugalnomics.