Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s such a fun holiday for adults to embrace their inner kid — the dressing up, the copious amounts of candy, it all equals fun!
Having guests over to celebrate? Well…you may want to try a personal “spooky” take on the traditional holiday settings. It’s quick….it’s easy….and it makes for a great keepsake: Personalized Halloween Napkin Rings. Just head over to Mood like I did and grab some organza ribbon, felt, and some fabric paint…and you’re ready to go!
SUPPLIES: felt, silk organza ribbon, fabric paint, straight pins, scissors, and a print out of all the images you want to use (I used Google Images to find some cute ones!!!)
1. Find silhouettes of pictures you want on Google Images, and print them out the size of about 1/4 of a page or less, then cut them all out.
2. Take your organza ribbon and cut a piece for each of your place settings (Note: be generous so you can have a nice size bow — mine were each 31 inches long).
3. Using straight pins, attach each image to your felt.
4. Carefully cut out your images.
5. In the spot you’d like your ribbon to run through your felt “character,” make a tiny incission (about an 1/8th inch) with your scissors.
6. Take the nozzle of your fabric paint, and carefully spell each name of your guests. (Note: I would practice first to gauge how fast paint comes out when you apply pressure to the bottle, because in the event you mess up, you don’t want to have to start all over). Let dry for a few hours.
7. Slip your organza ribbon evenly through the incission you made in Step #5, and you’re all done!
Brandhyze Stanley is the chief voice of the award winning blog, Frugal-nomics.com; a platform designed to share with women how to live and look fabulous on a dime. A DIY girl at heart—Brandhyze has been featured on The View, The Early Show, The Today Show, InStyle Magazine, Essence Magazine, and MTVStyle. A Wilhelmina Model for over a decade, with a Business Degree from Loyola University Chicago, Brandhyze provides DIY content to the popular How-To Site, eHow; and was a Fashion & Style Writer and Video Contributor for Newsday Westchester. Brandhyze is a huge thrifter and a lover of all good deals, follow her on Twitter @MyFrugalnomics and on Facebook at Facebook.com/Frugalnomics.