Disposable masks have long been sold out and local hospitals are now calling upon the sewing community to create CDC-compliant facemasks!
According to a tutorial recently published on the Deaconess site, sewists should:
- Use tightly-woven cotton fabric.
- Please remember that both women and men in a variety of roles may wear these masks.
- When your masks are complete, please call 812-450-8673 to arrange delivery.
UPDATE: DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF DONATIONS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL
- Collected masks will be immediately sent to laundry/processing to be prepared for use.
- Any surplus masks will be distributed to other organizations in need.