When in crisis, this perfect homemade substitute will be a solid number two option to make the most of your resources. With zero waste, mild effort and maximum reward, you’ll never have to run to the store in fear of not being able to buy toilet paper ever again!
- Assemble your supplies
- Cut out squares to the dimension of your choosing (Standard size is a 4.5” square)
- With the wrong sides facing together (rights sides facing out), start a straight stitch along all four sides of your squares.
- Note: it is recommended to trim ¼” away from seam to finish edge as this will yield a soft edge that can withstand multiple washes
- In an ideal world, a serger is recommended, but at the cost of more thread; a running straight stitch by hand is also acceptable
- Optional enhancement: Sew-on-snaps can be applied ¼” away from the seam in the center of both ends of your square to connect squares on a single roll.
Now you’re ready to use, launder and then re-use again for a cost-effective answer to this global crisis! You’ll never have to run to the store in fear of not being able to buy toilet paper ever again!