Ok so It’s finally feeling like fall around here and I’ve been dying to make a wool double breasted mini dress.
This crepe wool double cloth from moodfabrics.com is the perfect cooler weather fabric. It’s a beautiful quality and feels fantastic. It cuts, irons and sews easily and has enough structure to present a nicely tailored piece.
I lined the dress using this polyester satin
The pattern used for this dress was my McCalls M7749 trench pattern with the following alterations:
- Removed 18″ from the length
- Removed the shoulder tabs
- Removed the pockets and belt
- Added a button 13″ from the top of the dress and two additional faux buttons 4″ apart
- Added a hook & eye closure to the inside of the dress opposite the top button