Above, Eric with some of our beautiful glazed linens. These shimmer in the light and have almost a metallic sheen. Eric likes them for summertime special occasion dresses, including prom dresses and bridesmaid gowns. Shown here in maize, lilac and moss; each 54" wide, $18/yard.
Now normally I don't get overly excited about rayon jerseys, but when I touched this red jersey above I practically gasped. Trust Eric to find the most scrumptious rayon/viscose jersey around. Eric says he'd turn this red jersey into a Halston-style dress with thin rhinestone straps crisscrossing in the back. (I'd make a dress like this one by C&T Costello Tagliapietra, personally.) The yellow and green jerseys are equally cool. Each 54" wide, $14/yard.
- With Mood for more than five years
- Studied fashion design at the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago
- Likes to design pieces that can be worn by a man or a woman, and look equally good on both
- Knits are his favorite fabric to sew, and he loves to drape (note to self: Get Eric to teach me about draping); he's big into dyeing fabrics as well
- Favorite part about working at Mood is assisting customers with realizing their ideas. "I was lucky enough to have teachers who helped and mentored me, so I like to do the same with my customers," says Eric.
• • • • • • • •Mother's Day is this Sunday! Here's my idea of a perfect Mother's Day present: The kids and husband do the laundry and other chores I typically put off until Sunday, leaving me a few hours of uninterrupted sewing time. Priceless! Enjoy your weekend and I hope you get lots of sewing time in too.