The Forrest Jumpsuit pattern has quickly become one of my all-time favorites! Patterns that have detailed construction and clean lines are always great for hacking. To change up this pattern, I added an easy zip front and convenient front patch pockets. Best of all, it’s made from Mood Fabrics’ beautiful Indigo Cotton Dobby Denim! This medium-weight denim is durable and works great for this utility-style ensemble. The chic puff sleeves and belted waist make styling a breeze. Rock your jumpsuit with heels or with sneakers for a more casual look. Cotton twill or cotton canvas would work great as an alternative option. You could even try your hand with faux leather for a stunning look!
Purchase Materials Used Below:
- 3.5 yards of Mood Indigo Cotton Dobby Denim
- 3 spools of 1870 Gold 100mm Gutermann Jeans Thread
- 1 pc Mood Exclusive Italian Large Gunmetal Round Zipper Pull
- 1 pc Mood Exclusive Italian Navy and Gunmetal T5 Metal Zipper
- MDF189 – The Forrest Jumpsuit Sewing Pattern (free download below!)
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See the chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Pattern Adjustments: (Size 8/10 shown in photos)
- Removed front chest pockets
- Dropped the neck opening to 10″ and shaped into a V neck
- Removed 1/2″ off of the center front opening
- Shortened the zipper to 16″
- Added front patch pockets
- And lastly, I added 5″ to my belt for added length
Follow along here for original sewing instructions.
View of front patch pocket pattern:
As always, I would suggest that you make a muslin to determine your size and the best fit for you. For my jumpsuit, I cut a size 8/10. Keep in mind that this denim is very sturdy, but does not have stretch. I pre-washed my fabric before cutting to preshrink and check for colorfastness. If you desire a more relaxed fit, I would suggest going up 1 size, and make adjustments accordingly.