It’s officially transitional wardrobe season and a surprising fabric type is trending as we head into warmer weather: brocade. Typically saved for special occasions and eveningwear, brocades are finding their way into ready-to-wear more and more. If you’re still experiencing some spring chill in the morning or evenings, try adding a cropped sleeve Avelia Bomber Jacket to your daily mix, or read on for some additional ways we’re seeing brocades this summer!
Purchase Materials Used Below:
- 2 yards Metallic Silver, Lilac, and Sky Diamond Quilted Luxury Brocade
- 2 yards Light Blue and Royal Blue Bi-Color Beetles Jacquard Lining
- 2 pc Silver Sparkle Rib Knit Trim – 7″ x 29″
- 1 pc Mood Exclusive Italian Off-White and Silver T8 Open End Metal Zipper – 27.5″
- 1 pc Mood Exclusive Italian Large Silver Flat Trapezium Metal Zipper Pull
- MDF091 – The Avelia Bomber Jacket Sewing Pattern (free download below!)
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Throw a pop of shimmer or color into your next summer look with just a dash of brocade! Mood’s corset patterns are great for this, or you can try the Briar Top and mix a brocade with a luxe Cyrus Jersey. Jump on the ever-popular bucket hat trend to round out your ‘fit!
Crop It Like It’s Hot
Let’s be real: brocades can be hot. In the summer, that’s not necessarily ideal. Instead of your traditional heavy brocade this season, opt for a lightweight or burnout brocade! Crop the Liv Pants into shorts or try a super cropped blazer with the Setaria.