The other day while cruising the aisles at Mood Fabrics, I came across this Fox Fur Tail that just oozed with possibilities. With the subzero temperatures we've been having here in New York...I just knew I had found a quick and fashionable solution that could dress up any coat. Got a denim jacket for the spring....or cable knit sweater that needs new life? These removable fur cuffs could be your solution.
SUPPLIES: fox tail, 2 buttons, needle and thread, and a pair of scissors.
1. Take scissors and cut the fox tail in half.
2. Once you cut the tail in half (it will leave the innards of the tail exposed), stitch the opening closed on both halves.
3. In your desired location near the edge, hand sew on a button on the band that comes on the tail.
4. On the opposite side from where you placed your button, use your scissors to make a 2cm incision to begin your button hole.
5. With your needle and thread, stitch around the perimeter of the button hole you just created. Now, you're all set!
Brandhyze Stanley is the chief voice of the award winning blog, Frugal-nomics.com; a platform designed to share with women how to live and look fabulous on a dime. A DIY girl at heart—Brandhyze has been featured on Dr. Oz, The View, The Today Show, InStyle Magazine, Essence Magazine, and MTVStyle. A Wilhelmina Model for over a decade, with a Business Degree from Loyola University Chicago, Brandhyze provides DIY content to the popular How-To Site, eHow; and has been a contributor for the Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Super Money, Good Housekeeping, and Newsday Westchester, to name a few. Brandhyze is a huge thrifter and a lover of all good deals, follow her on Twitter @MyFrugalnomics and on Facebook at Facebook.com/Frugalnomics.