My newest obsession along with the rest of the fashion population, is the bomber jacket. The beauty of the bomber jacket is it’s ability to put a casual spin on any look.
What I wanted to do was make an effort to elevate the simple bomber jacket by making it in this beautiful silk and wool fabric , give it an exaggerated sleeve and peplum and line it in this silk charmeuse.
I don’t think there are enough descriptive words to explain how beautiful this silk is. The moment it arrived and I opened the package, I fell in love. The color is gorgeous and looks and feels rich. It cuts and sews beautifully and It’s a medium weight perfect for fall and based off the weather were having, winter as well.
Chandler’s jacket was made with leftover fabric from our digitally printed dress and skirt.
The pattern I used for my jacket was this Burdastyle downloaded jacket with the following pattern alterations:
-Added 1.5″ to the width of the collar
-Added silk piping along the back bodice seam
-Added a peplum by cutting 1-10″x50″ and 2- 10″x25″
-Added a 1 1/2″ band at the bottom of the peplum
-Used the sleeve to McCall’s M5937 and added 12″ to the width of the bottom of the sleeve to create a fuller sleeve. Pleat the sleeve when attaching it to the cuff
-Added a ribbed cuff
-Added a 20″ brass jacket zipper
Chandler’s jacket was made using a self drafted pattern.
*The pants are diy previously seen here