The dress was made with the bodice of McCalls M5927 with the following alterations:
• Added 1″ to the front and back of the neck
• Cut the front bodice piece 6″ from the top to create an additional pattern piece and seam line
• Faced the back and front bodice pieces
• Reduced the diameter of the arm opening to create a slimmer sleeve
• Cut the sleeve at 11″ from the top to create a short sleeve
• Cut the sleeve 4.5″ from the bottom to create a seam line
The skirt of the dress was made by:
• Cutting two pieces of fabric 55″ wide x 28″ long.
• Cut one piece of that fabric in half lengthwise, sew a 5/8″ seam basting 4″ down from the top
• Install side seam pockets
• Sew the side seams of the skirt
• Line the side and back seams of the skirt up with the bodice seams, using the fabric between the seams to create the pleats.
• Sew the bodice to the skirt
• Attach a 19″ exposed zipper