While we love warm weather, the season filled with cozy sweaters and endless amounts of pumpkin spice is equally as nice in its own right. Yes, we’re talking about fall. While the world remains in a somewhat shaky state, public places are slowly opening their doors. As people begin to go back to work and in-person classes, now’s the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe for fall with pieces that’ll send you straight through the cooler months.
- 90s Embodyment: Get ready to truly embody the iconic style staples of the 90s from head to toe. We’re talking sheath dresses, maxi-length cardigans, cropped sweaters, and mini skirts —The whole lot! Add 90s flare to a white shirt with a black slip dress.
- Gen Z 2000s: The styles of the early 2000s are back and raging. Think halter tops layered with cozy coats, loose-fit jeans (of the low rise variety), or flared pants with that swirled print that’s everywhere.
- Saturated Hues: Keep the vibrant colors out instead of tucking them away again until next spring. Jewel tones (richly saturated tones named after gems) are officially the new colors of fall. Don’t be afraid to reach for colors like sapphire blue, ruby red, and emerald green.
- Loose Fit Pants: From boyfriend, girlfriend, straight, boot, flare, and more, there’s a looser style of denim calling your name. Relaxed bottoms don’t just include jeans either.
- Endless Knits: Add some texture and fun to your wardrobe with knits in a variety of styles. Go for cropped skirt sets in midi lengths, vests made of cable knits, and cozy lounge sets. Knits were trending last year, but with a fresh approach, these knits are meant to be seen, full of bright colors and lots of options.
- Power Suits: Menswear continues to show up in womenswear, and honestly, it’s refreshing with room to move and a statement to be made. I’m all for it. The power suit includes a vest, relaxed trousers, and long suit coats. The beauty of modern suiting is wearing it separately or all at once as desired. For a more Cher Chic look, opt for another suiting variety: the skirt suit. Here a plaid mini skirt and a longline blazer meet together in perfect harmony for major Clueless vibes.
- Conversation Coats: As the weather continues to cool, outerwear is essential for fall. This season, it’s all about statement outerwear. The leather jacket needs fringe, the typical coat is oversized, puffers are still making their mark, and neutral colors have left the building.
- Coveralls: The one-stop-shop for a base layer is found in the comfort of coveralls or a jumpsuit, whichever name you prefer. With a utility-style look, they’re functional and fashionable. Coveralls are stylish on their own and even better when accompanied by accessories.
- The Button-Down: If I’ve mentioned oversized shirting once I’ve mentioned it 1000 times. For fall, it doesn’t matter if the button-down is made of shirting or flannel, or anything in between. You just need them in your wardrobe. When all else fails, a solid button-down never will.
- Crafty Prints: Vivid graphics are easy to find and hard to ignore. For fall, collage prints in an abstract form, along with geometric patterns will also be easy to spot. Mix prints or make them the statement piece of your look, the choice is yours.
The best of fall style is all around us, and with our fall-flavored drinks in hand, we will be ready to conquer the school year or the workweek with confidence and style. This fall, make a statement in the best styles of the season, and don’t forget your mask and hand sanitizer as you’re running out the door!