The upcoming fall/winter season is going to be on fire with the amazing prints we’ve seen on the runway. Designers have highlighted everything from classic and timeless to vibrant and loud. Our absolute favorite this season? Print mixing. So, dig into your wardrobe to find similar prints so you can match them with something new! Pair a floral tent dress with a completely different conversational blouse or start from scratch and throw all your favorite designs into one print-blocked dress!
Purchase Materials Used Below:
- 2-3 yards Mood Exclusive Mustard Ornate Ornamentation Cotton Poplin
- 2-3 yards Mood Exclusive Light Blue Elysian Illumination Viscose Twill
- 2-3 yards Mood Exclusive Navy Wildwood Enchantments Viscose Twill
- 1 828 Ceylon Yellow Invisible Zipper – 24″
- 3 yards Mood Exclusive White Asparagus Candid Countenance Cotton Poplin
- 1 099 Off-White 24″ Invisible Zipper
Fern Jumpsuit Dress Alteration:
- 4 yards Mood Exclusive Fae Hounds Viscose Twill
- To create this dress using the Fern pattern, sew the bodice of the Fern Jumpsuit and then measure the bottom edge of the front and back panels. Cut a rectangle 3x the width of of bottom edge measurement and to the length of your choosing. Sew up the side seams and attach to the bodice. Tip: You can also add inseam pockets if desired!
Fall Prints and Layering
All leopard print is in, not just the traditional option. We’re even seeing abstract and colorful versions as well!
For this trend, you’ll want to look at bright or neutral contrasting-colored prints. Some prints can also be multiple colored squares as well!
Patchwork is a favorite this year and we’re seeing it in every iteration, from bright and bold to those moody earth tones.
Nervous about mixing prints or stepping out of your comfort zone? Don’t be! It’s 2021 and it’s time to take back what we lost last year while wearing pajamas 24/7. The best way to print mix is to make sure the colors coordinate with each other rather than clash against each other. Even if one print is checkered and the other is floral, it can look amazing!