It’s time to elevate your accessories to the next level. Let your creativity shine with Swarovski’s timeless, luxurious crystals! All it takes is a little imagination and inspiration to bring your ideas to life. Mood Fabrics offers a large selection of Swarovski rhinestones to meet all your design needs and the tools to get the job done! I’ll show you how to effortlessly breathe new life into a pair of dull sandals and make a statement with a new rhinestone belt buckle. What projects do you have in mind? I’d love to hear some of your ideas.
Custom Swarovski Slides
Purchase Materials Used Below:
Additional Items Needed:
- Pair of slides
- Painters tape
- Paintbrush or sponge
- The first is step is to prepare the surface you will be working on. In this case, gently wipe the surface of your sandal to remove any dirt or debris.
- Next, use the painter’s tape to cover the inside of the soles. Apply 1 coat of the pearlescent emerald textile paint and let dry. Apply 1-2 more coats of paint for a deeper shade. Allow to fully dry.
- The Bejeweler Pro comes with several different tip sizes to accommodate the different size crystals. Once you’ve chosen the correct size, screw it on the tip of your Bejeweler. Plugin your Bejeweler tool and allow it to heat for 2-3 minutes. Place the tip over the crystal and it should heat and pick it up. If you have trouble picking up the stones, try using a tweezer.
- Began applying the crystals to your surface in the desired layout. Gently press down for 3 seconds to release the crystals as you go. If you are using different size crystals as I did, make sure you unplug your tool and allow it to cool before changing the tip size.
That’s it! A Quick and easy way to show your worn accessories some TLC! I even gave my sunglasses case a couple of coats of paint to match!
Sparkling Swarovski Statement Belt
- First, measure your waist and add 4″ to make the belt adjustable. Use this measurement for the length along with the width of your buckle to create your pattern. Add 1/2″ all the way around for the seam allowance. Cut 2 out of fabric and 2 out of fusible.
- Apply the fusible to the wrong sides of your belt pieces. With right sides together, pin and stitch belt along the edge. Completely sew down the sides and one side lengthwise. When you get to the last side, leave a small 4″ opening to turn the belt right-side out.
- Trim corners, and seam allowance. Turn belt right-side out and press. Topstitch along the entire edge and close the opening. Start 2″ from the edge and use the clear ruler to measure 4 belt holes placed 2″ apart. Use a grommet plier to attach your eyelets.
- Lastly, attach one more eyelet 2″ from the other end for the belt buckle prong. Insert the belt through the buckle frame, and insert the prong through the eyelet. Now fold the remaining edge over the belt buckle bar and stitch in place.
And you’re done! Now you have a statement belt like no other ready
to complement any outfit you put together!