Tis the season for cute and cozy cropped sweaters! Mood Fabrics’ Azalea Sweater free sewing pattern has to be one of the most adorable tops I’ve made in a while. With short puff sleeves and a banded cuffs and hem you can’t go wrong. Made with Mood’s luxurious velour this beauty can be worn straight through the holiday season. Try using a comfy terry or rib knit for a more casual look! With minimal sewing needed, you’ll have more time to style all of your looks. Let us know how you plan to wear your Azalea Sweater!
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Here’s how to sew:
- With right sides of your fabric together, pin and sew your front and back bodices pieces together at the shoulder and side seams.
- Using a basting stitch, sew along the inside edge of the cap of your sleeve. Slightly pull on the thread to gather and form the “puff”of the cap. Now, pin and sew your sleeve seam. Pin and set in your sleeve
- Fold your cuff in half and sew along the side seam. Now pin cuff along your sleeve opening and stitch. Fold up cuff encasing the seam allowance on the inside of your sleeve and stitch to finish.
- Attach your bottom waist band the same way you finished your cuffs.
- Lastly, using a rolled hem and a twin needle stitch, finish your neckline.
That’s it! You’re done!!