We all have that staple sewing pattern that we love to make again and again. The Brando Tee is here to be your new fave! Simple and versatile, this unisex t-shirt can be kept simple and chic in a bamboo jersey or rib knit. For a pop of color, try one of Mood’s jersey prints!
1. Attach front and back at shoulders and sides using overlock or stretch stitch and a regular seam.
2. Create sleeves by sewing up the inseam, again using an overlock/stretch stitch and regular seam.
3. Set sleeves into respective armscyes, aligning notches.
4. Create the neckband by folding in half, face to face, and sewing along the short edge to create the CB seam.
5. Fold band downward in half. Pin and sew along the neckline, face to face, matching up notches.
If desired, you can top-stitch the seam allowance down, but be aware that you’d lose some of the stretch unless using a stretch stitch.
6. Finish sleeves and hem of the shirt by folding up 1” and secure with a stretch/overlock stitch.