If you’re looking for comfort and style, look no further! The Brya Pants are chic and coziness rolled into one fabulous look. Made with Mood Fabrics yummy Stretch Bamboo Jersey, you’ll be hooked at first touch! With a beautiful variety of colors to choose from, you’ll be able to pair them nicely with any top. While fitted at the waist, these joggers have a stylish relaxed fit. You could definitely style them into a great athleisure look, or dress them up with a cute pair of heels. If you’re looking for something with a little more warmth, try Mood Fabrics crushed velour or the fleece backed knit, both with 4-way stretch! There are tons of lovely Fall colors as well! Let’s us know how you plan on wearing your Brya Pants!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PATTERN
Simply fill in the form below, verify your email address
and you’ll be sent a link to download our free Pattern.
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Usually, when sewing a stretch knit, you would achieve the best results by using a serger along with thread that has stretch. If you don’t have a serger, you can use the stretch thread on your standard sewing machine but I suggest using a stretch or zig-zag stitch setting. You want your garment to be able to move freely as you do! Let’s get started:
- With right sides of fabric together, pin at center front seam and stitch. Press seams flat.
2. Pockets: With right sides of fabric together, place the pocket facing on the pants at front. Pin along curved edge opening and stitch. Turn pocket facing in and press. With right sides of fabric together, place the pocket bag over pocket facing and pin together along the outer edge. Make sure not to pin to the front of your pant. Press.
3. With the right sides of fabric together, pin the backs of pants together at center back seam and stitch. Press seam.
4. Pin the front of the pants to the back at the sides seams and stitch. Matching the front and back seams together, pin along inseams and stitch. Turn pants right side out and press.
5. Pin top of pockets to top edge of pants to keep from shifting. Baste stitch along the edge of pants at the waist. Set aside.
6. With right sides together, pin waistband and waistband facing at sides and stitch. Next, pin the waistband facing to the waistband along top edge and stitch. Turn and press.
7. Slowly pull basting thread to create gathers at the waist. Spread gathers evenly before attaching waistband.
8. Attach waistband to pant at top edge. Use the seam ripper to remove your basting thread.
9. Prepare bottom cuffs as you did with the waistband. Stitch at sides then attach along the top edge. Turn and press.
10. Pin cuffs to the bottom edge of your pant opening and stitch. Turn cuffs right side out and press. And that’s it! You’re done!