Whether you prefer minimalist garments or statement pieces, this new blouse has your name all over it! Say hello to Calendula Blouse, Mood’s newest pattern. These amazing sleeves do all the work, so you can go for a simple solid as easily as a vibrant print! Try making the blouse and tagging Mood on Instagram to show us what you come up with!
Note: All seams will be done using a French seam aside from the neckline, and sleeve extension section.
Tip: For finishing the inside of the sleeves, use a serger, bias tape, zig-zag stitch, or pinked edge.
1. Print, tape, and cut out.
2. Cut the pattern out of the fabric. Mark all notches before sewing.
3. Using a French seam, pin your sleeve pieces wrong sides together, trim, and sew.
4. Once the sleeve pieces are sewn, do a rolled hem on each one. If you don’t have a hemmer foot, it’s helpful to pre-pin your rolled hem and then sew it.
5. Fold your top sleeve wrong sides together, stitch and press.
6. Fold the sleeve extension in half with wrong sides together, sew, trim, and press.
7. Take ruffle three and place over ruffle four. Then take ruffle two and place over ruffle three and four. With the right sides together, pin the sleeve extension on top and sew.
8. On the top part of the sleeve extension, pin the top ruffle.
9. With the right sides together, place the top part of the sleeve on top of ruffle one.
10. Sew a gathering stitch on the top of the sleeve between the notches.
11. Using a French seam, sew the center back up until the notch for the keyhole. Once sewn, hem the keyhole by doing a rolled hem.
12. With the wrong sides together, pin the front and back together at shoulder and side seams. Trim, press, and stitch.
13. Gather sleeve to match notches, pin, and sew the sleeve into armscye.
14. With the right sides together, pin the neckband to the top of the shirt. Adjust gathers to fit between the notches. Then sew straight across.
15. With the right sides together, fold the neckband and sew the sides. Trim and press corners.
16. Fold the raw edges of the neck band inside and hand stitch it down.
17. Add the hook and eyes on the neckband.
18. Hem the bottom using a rolled hem.