The Daisy Top is nothing short of style and comfort. Bright pops of lime green floral embroidery against a black solid knit make adding this special piece to your wardrobe a no-brainer! From the delicate but sexy neckline to the flirty fringe trim, we’ve got you covered! The versatility in styling is endless. You could style the Daisy Top with your favorite pair of fitted jeans, but this is also the perfect date night top! So how about rocking it with a fitted pair of faux leather leggings? Now that would be stunning! You could even make a simple knit slip dress and layer it underneath. Oooh, the possibilities! Try any one of Mood Fabrics embroidered mesh and solid knit combinations to make it your own. Don’t forget to add the trim for that special touch! Let’s us how you plan on wearing your Daisy Top!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PATTERN
Simply fill in the form below, verify your email address
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Here’s how to sew: Using a serger would be ideal, but not necessary. You can use your standard sewing machine with a stretch stitch setting and it would work just fine!
- Attach the front to the back at side seams. Press open seam allowance.
- Pin sleeves at notches and sew at underarm seam.
- Pin and set sleeves in place. Stitch and press seams.
4. Next, sew together the yoke at the shoulder seams.
5. Open the top fold of the binding and pin the binding tape to the neck and key-hole opening then stitch in place. Then fold down the top of the binding tape and topstitch to finish.
6. Once the binding is done you can finish and add your button.
7. Now we can pin the yoke to the yoke seam. Make sure to match up all the notches. Stitch in place.
8. Fold waistband front and back pieces and press. Pin waistband front and back together at side seams. Match waistband to shirt bottom at side seams and pin in place along the bottom opening. Stitch and press. Topstitch along waistband (optional).
9. Finish sleeve with a turned hem and stitch.
10. Pin the trim around the yoke seam and stitch in place. Give everything a good press and you’re done!