Are you the person that’s always on the go? Do you waste time trying to find an outfit and then end up hating it because you couldn’t make it the dream outfit? Now you don’t have to worry with Mood’s newest free pattern, the Luna Jumpsuit. It’s comfy, chic, and sew easy to make. You have a wide selection of gorgeous fabrics to choose from like bamboo jersey, printed jersey, or even a fluid rib knit!
Note: All seams are ⅜’’ aside from the hem and waistline, which are further explained in the instructions below.
Note: Use a stretch stitch on all seams except hems and straps.
1. Print, tape, and cut out pattern pieces.
2. Pin pattern pieces to fabric and cut.
3. Notch all your notches that are indicated on your patterns.
4. Pin the center front pant legs together.
5. Pin the center back sections together and stitch at ⅜’’.
6. Pin and sew the pockets to the front of your pants.
7. Fold the pockets back and pin them in place.
8. Pin the bottom of the pocket and sew a regular stitch seam there at ⅜’’. Keep the top pocket pinned.
9. Pin the front bodice to the front pant at the waistline. Sew at ⅞’’.
10. Fold the hem to the top of the bodice down ⅜’’ stitch using a wide stitch, about 3.5 – 4.
11. Pin the back bodice to the back pant at the waistline. Sew at ⅞’’ and press open.
12. Once the seams are pressed open on the front and the back pieces, pin along the seam line and sew ½’’ on both sides.
13. Measure half of your waist and cut four strips of ¼’’ elastic to half of your measurement. Make sure the elastic isn’t too tight; it will snap.
14. Thread the elastic through both tunnels and put a pin on both sides. Make sure your elastic isn’t twisted after threading it. Once you have checked for the twist, do a stay stitch of the ends of the elastic. The same process goes for the front and the back pieces.
15. Fold your tab pieces with right sides together, stitch, trim, and flip.
16. Fold the top edge of the back bodice down ⅜’’ and pin. Fold the tabs in half and pin them where the notches are located. Stitch across the back using a wide stitch length.
17. Pin strap piece to front bodice starting at the end of the armscye. Stitch at ⅜’’.
18. Fold strap in ⅜’’ on both sides. Pin and stitch.
19. Pin front and back together matching waistline seams and crotch seams. Sew the sides and then the crotch.
20. Lastly turn up the hem ½’’ and stitch.