Discover the meaning of comfort and style with Mood Fabric’s Oliver Jumpsuit Pattern. This versatile wardrobe essential effortlessly combines a chic aesthetic with the ultimate level of relaxation. Made with Mood’s Exclusive striped linen and rayon, this jumpsuit will provide a laid-back and carefree vibe. Perfect for any summer occasion!
Also, we’ve updated our fit and created a few special pattern hacks allowing you to customize your jumpsuit and add a personal touch that’s uniquely you.
Purchase Materials Used Below:
- 4 yards of Mood Exclusive Linear Transcendence Navy Linen & Rayon Woven
- 1 spool of 6210 Dark Navy 100m Gutermann Cotton Thread
- MDF247 – The Oliver Jumpsuit Sewing Pattern (free download below!)
1. Front Bib: First, we omitted the front bib band. Next, we’ve added a large patch pocket to the front. Then, buttonholes were added to the top edge corners of the bib to add stability and to pull the straps through easily.
*Tip: Apply small fusible strips to the bib’s corners to support the buttonholes.
2. Back Bib: The back bib was sewn straight into the waistline in the original Oliver Jumpsuit Post. The waist was then made adjustable by adding buttons or snaps to the sides. We’ve updated this pattern to include the option to gather the back waist into the back bib. See the photos below:
3. Side Patch Pockets: Easily add side patch pockets to your jumpsuit by self-drafting pocket patterns. Play around with different sizes and measure your hand for a comfortable fit. Make sure to be mindful of pattern matching when working with prints, particularly stripes!
4. Pant Cuff: For the last pattern hack, we simply removed the bottom cuff. This will give your jumpsuit an overall relaxed look and feel.