Here’s a quick and easy pattern hack to help you add some drama to your wardrobe! I’m going to show you how you can use Mood Fabrics’ Petunia Romper pattern to create the most fun and flirty look ever! So go ahead and add this little number to your list of stay at home projects. Now you’ll have the perfect outfit for when you are ready to twist and twirl the night away!
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
For this patter hack, we will only need to alter the front pattern piece. All other pattern pieces will remain the same and we will no longer need the waistband pattern.
- Front cut 1 of fabric and 1 of lining on the fold
- Back cut 2 of fabric and 2 of lining
- Shorts front cut 2 of fabric and 2 of lining
- Shorts back cut 2 of fabric and 2 of lining
Here’s how to alter the front:
- First cut out the original pattern. The center front line will now become the fold-line. Mark this change on the front.
- Next, place a piece of pattern paper underneath the bottom edge. Use a ruler to draw in a straight bottom edge. This will close the opening on the front of the original design.
- Starting at the bottom edge of the armhole, use your ruler to draw a line slightly slanting upward and stop right above the apex. Then continue with a straight line across ending at the fold line.
View of the original front pattern piece:
Mark and indicate all changes
View of new front pattern piece:
With the updated changes, your finished romper will look like this!
Before sewing on the trim, insert your back zipper. Now, pin your trim across the top of your romper and sew in place. A twin needle, or zig-zag stitch will do the trick. Attach the hook and eye and that’s it – you’re done!