So I was recently poking around the trim section at Mood Fabrics -- so much to choose from -- and I absolutely fell in love with this jeweled trim. Not sure of what I was going to create, but assured I had to have it....I immediately snatched up the last 2 yards and headed home. A clutch? Bling up a pair of shoes -- there were so many options. But after pulling out this thrifted J. Crew cashmere cardigan, I knew it was a colorful match made in heaven.
Cardigan, Heavy Duty Thread, Needle, Trim, Tape Measure, Glue, Straight Pins, Sharp Nosed Scissors
1. Cut jewels from trim.
2. Section off the area you want to jewel with straight pins.
3. I recommend playing around with the layout of the jewels so as not to have adjacent colors.
4. Dab a little fabric glue on the back of each jewel and adhere it to the sweater.
5. Using one long continuous thread, stitch the jewels onto the sweater for added security.
6. Using the first side as your guide, measure out the placement on the remaining side.
Brandhyze Stanley is the chief voice of Frugal-nomics.com; a platform designed to share with women how to live and look fabulous on a dime. A DIY girl at heart—Brandhyze has been featured on The View, The Early Show, The Today Show, MTVStyle, Essence Magazine, and TJMaxx.com. A Wilhelmina Model for nearly a decade, with a Business Degree from Loyola University Chicago, Brandhyze is a Fashion & Style Writer and Video Contributor for Newsday Westchester, and provides DIY content to the popular How-To Site, eHow. Brandhyze is a huge thrifter and a lover of all good deals, follow her on Twitter @MyFrugalnomics and on Facebook at Facebook.com/Frugalnomics.