A girl can never have too many tee shirts! That’s what I tell myself over and over again to justify my growing collection. From casual to highly fashionable, tee shirts are a wardrobe staple that can make or break any ensemble! Mood Fabrics’ Lavender Tee pattern is the perfect base for creating a chic summer tee shirt hack. This easy update is a great way to quickly add a new look to your warm weather fashion line-up!
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 30.
Here’s How To Sew:
- First, mark your front pattern piece with the lines for the new front panels. I marked my lines right at the armhole notch and waist notch.
2. Next, trace your new panel outline onto pattern paper. Make sure to include the armhole and sides. Flip your front panel to the opposite side and continue tracing to complete the panel. Add the seam allowance all the way around.
3. Cut out your new pattern for the front panel. Mark the panel cut 4 of fabric.
4. Cut your fabric for the front wrap panels. Sew each panel across the top and bottom edges. Turn and press. While overlaping, pin your panels to the front of your shirt pattern and baste stitch along the armhole and sides.
5. After your front panels are stitched in place, complete the rest of the sewing. Pin the back to the front and sew at the side and shoulder seams. Next set in your sleeves and stitch them in place. Lastly, attach you neck band.
Check out our original post on how to sew the Lavender Tee here.