Here's Ann with a beautiful coppery metallic brocade in a poly blend (60" wide, $50/yd). You can see that either side is stunning. Ann says she'd make a sixties-style bolero, using the contrast tissue solid lamé on the left (45", $7/yd) for the welt pockets, piping and Hong Kong seams. Readers, this lightweight brocade is a knockout and I may have to nab some for myself.
Of course Ann gravitated toward the new Valentino silk panel that just came into the store on Wednesday—it's spectacular! She'd make it into a strapless summer dress. $70 per yard and each panel takes approximately 1.5 yards.Ann is just the best at finding to-die-for silk prints. Here she's pulled three Oscar de la Renta silks. The green/blue/white/black print on the left is a drapey 4-ply silk (45" wide, $25/yd); center, another colorway of the first fabric but in magenta silk twill (45" wide, $18/yd); and the one on the right is a red crepe de chine (45" wide, $14/yd). Can't make it to our NYC store? Shop Mood Fabrics online. Our silk prints are currently on sale through Saturday 5/19, 11:59pm ET. More about Ann:
- A member of the Mood team for just under a year
- Has a BA in costume design from San Francisco State
- True passion is millinery and is getting her millinery certificate from FIT. Her goal is to move to London and get her masters in millinery from the Royal College of Art or the London College of Fashion
- Finds loads of inspiration in all the fabrics at Mood
- Loves it when customers show her photos of their finished creations. "It's so cool when their projects turn out well and I played a part in that," Ann says
• • • • • •Phew, it's been a busy week here at Mood! We got all that great new fabric in (blogged about it yesterday), we're organizing focus groups, and more than 100 members of PatternReview will be in the NYC store today and Saturday. Love the excitement! But I was so busy I forgot to think about what to sew this weekend. What are you working on? I need some ideas for what to sew next and you can definitely inspire me. —Meg at Mood