Since Mood started releasing free sewing patterns, I’ve had a few favorites, but the Iris Ensemble always seems to stay at the top of my list. Originally featuring both a skirt and bodysuit, I decided to make the skirt in an exquisite burnout brocade to be paired with the gorgeous Gladiolus Blazer Redux that Shavonne designed last month. The final product is a look that I can easily imagine at a luxe NYE event.
Purchase Materials Used Below:
- 7 yards Metallic Gold and Black Luxury Crinkled Organza Burnout Brocade
- 2 yards Ultra Black Solid Polyester Satin
- 1 9″ Black Invisible Zipper
- MDF030 – The Iris Ensemble Sewing Pattern (free download below!)
- Note: The Iris Ensemble features a skirt and bodysuit. For just the skirt, print pages 2-6, 11-16, 20-26, 29-35, 38-44, 47-52, 56-61, 65-68.
All seam allowances are 1/2″ unless otherwise stated. See chart below for sizing specifications. Note, this specific pattern is available up to a size 22.
For this redux, I didn’t make too many changes, however I did add a partial lining to make up for the burnout organza parts of the brocade. This was just created with a short, half circle skirt using Mood’s Circle Skirt Calculator.
The only other change I made was to cut 2 of the waistband. Rather than fold it down to self-face it, I kept it at double height for a super high-waisted look.